handsignal-cm.jpg [ 4.45 KiB | Viewed 736 times ]
Offline Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Counties week
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:07 pm 

Lol that could be possible

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:19 pm 

That could happen at the seeding meeting.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:44 pm 

Only if it's a race to free pizza...

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:52 pm 

Ok, I see how this is going

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:19 pm 

I’ll give the favorite and the dark horse. Not necessarily my actual prediction.
I’m also not mentioning any Owings Mills kids in the dark horse catagory since I’m bias.

Favorite- Dufour, Owings Mills

Dark Horse- Bozeman, Lansdowne. Maybe not really a dark horse, he is undefeated after all. Him vs Bell in a possible semis match could be fun.

Favorite- Fouts, Sparrows Point or Hemmis, Catonsville

Dark Horse- Amos, Hereford. Has REALLY improved in the last year and could turn some heads. Might not quite be on the same level as Fouts or Hemmis but could sneak into a 3rd place spot.

Favorite- Smith, Owings Mills

Dark Horse- Kemp, Loch Raven. Kid seemed to turn it up a notch last season around this time. Wouldn’t be shocked if he did it again in 2018.

Favorite- McDuffy, Owings Mills or Wagner, Eastern Tech

Dark Horse- Barr, Milford Mill. Love this kid. Seems to go harder at tougher competition, which is rare to find these days. Watch his match with Farace or Phil Smith if you need convincing.

Favorite- Lipsey, Pikesville

Dark Horse- Eure, Owings Mills. Ok, I went back on my word but given the top heavy weight class with Fouts, Turner-Rogers, and Dell it’s tough to pick one. Dre’yon has a lot of momentum on his side beating two state ranked kids in his last couple regular season matches, clinching the Regional Dual Title for OM in a crazy Hereford match, and gave Rameriz of Damascus all he could handle at State Duals.

Favorite- No One, WIDE OPEN

Dark Horse- Sprye, Patapsco. One of the most underrated wrestlers in the county. Have only been able to watch him on video but brings an Arsenal that will challenge anyone.

Favorite- Minutelli, Sparrows Point

Dark Horse- Boyer, Towson. Don’t be fooled by his hiccup at a late season tournament.

Favorite- Ngounou, Owings Mills

Dark Horse- Shackleford, Milford Mill. Chaz has improved as much as anyone in the county. Him possibly meeting McMurdy in the semis will be one to watch.

Favorite- Kells, Hereford
Dark Horse- Rallo, Sparrows Point. I’m a little bias here through my Ground Control ties but the freshman is double legging his way through some tough competition lately. Fun to watch him hit it, looks like a Goldberg Spear.

Favorite- Aliyev, Pikesville
Dark Horse- Briscoe, Lasdowne. Throwing machine who has had an impressive season. Watch his match with Cannon to see how things can go pretty bad pretty quick if your on the wrong side of this kids headlock

Favorite- ?????
Seriously, who is the favorite? Herring, Dow, DeShields, and Space are all returning State Qualifiers. Naylor has beat at least two of them this season (unless he goes 170??). Too close to call, someone else take this one.

Favorite- Kalu, Western Tech

Dark Horse- Gorsuch, Sparrows Point. How quickly we forget that this kid was a county placer and state qualifier two years ago as a freshman. Missed a lot of the season because of a knee injury and didn’t have clearance until the afternoon of the Owings Mills match (hey, thanks for that guys!). I would explain why he wasn’t in the line up most of last season but would hate to give away Coach Whisner’s favorite joke that should get some mileage at the last couple of seeding meetings.

Favorite- Solomon, Franklin

Dark Horse- Neal, Milford Mill. Really too many guys to choose from here and wouldn’t feel right picking Woodward after he took 2nd at states last season. Neal is a stud and just had a big win to close out the season vs Hammonds kid who is ranked 2nd in 1a2a.

Hwt
Favorite- Bikay, Owings Mills

Dark Horse- Budka, Kenwood. Might not be much of a dark horse but expect it to be the finals match up. Has racked up some quality wins this season and wouldn’t completely shock me if this match comes down to who wins the coin flip.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:56 am 

Good Stuff Ryan... I think you hit the nail on the head with most of those predictions... And, you're spot on with my guys...

Just a few additional opinions:

@106... Dufour, have to agree here, but looking forward to a potential final with Bozeman. But yeah, Bell could slide in as well..

@113... personally from what I saw this year, Fouts is the clear favorite. Hemmis and Hunter could make some noise, but a good dark horse might be Friskey (if he's eligible). If not for an illegal slam or two, in matches he was dominating, he might be in the discussion...

@120... kemp is tough! but, I'd bet the farm on Phil

@126... semi's will be very entertaining! Good catch on JB! When he caught Phil for just a few seconds at Westminister... that was worth the price of admission! And, you're right, he does go hard for the big matches.

@132... another entertaining set of semi's... IMO this is a wide open weight class

@138... I've seen Sprye, on the eye test I wasn't sold..., after watching him multiple times... I'm betting on him...

@145... I think this weight was so light all year that guys ran from 52 to get here... Skyler is the favorite IMO, but another epic semi of Anderson and Allen should be fun to watch. Word is Shadi is done academically... dark horse is Boyer, but this weight all depends on seeds...

@152... spot on, Shackelford/McMurdy semi should be good, Roell should cruise through the top side.

@160... please just wake me up when this one finishes... Kells is the favorite, Allah or Rallo could keep it close, outside those three, I'm taking lunch at this time...

@ 170... see 160... I'm still eating lunch... Aliyev

@182... a battle of 4 pretty good guys, who could still loose to 2-3 other pretty decent guys. Kind of wide open here, but a little more entertaining than the aforementioned lunch breaks...

@195... see 145, a lot of talent seems to be running here from 220, but unlike 45, 95 has been pretty good this year. I'd have to bet on Ike, but Chuck, Hoff, Drew could all make it interesting. Also, Franco dropped here... Good to see some strong upper weights this year!

@220... This is a MONSTER! The top 5 guys in this weight could all place in State! 3A/4A North may see one of them left out of states. Ryan you were exactly right here! Neal just beat Tuego from Hammond (Ranked #2 in 1A/2A) like a man wrestling a child, although Tuego wrestled very smart and kept it close... And, at current rankings, he's the odd man out. Harrison and Walters could hit each other in the region final, but not make the BC final... 220 BC IMO is one of the toughest weights in the state.

@285... Bikay is the favorite..., but you know hwt... Budka keeps it simple, nothing special, but he has truly filled out as built hwt, and not a fat one, which gives him a fighting chance... If he can get the angles on Bikay, without doing something dumb and catching that weight..., I could easily see Dylan pulling an upset here... Not much outside those two... Austin is here, but he is hit or miss, same with Demetrius... Dark horse IMO is Beast Mode! He can keep it close with any hwt and give himself a chance, but that's a bit of homer bias... I like his chances better against Bikay than Budka, but Bikay is still favored there, let's not get it twisted...

Anyway, this is all pointless, we all know the seeds determine everything..., just some observations...

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:03 pm 

Someone to look for is Hereford Senior CJ Wartman. Watch for him.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]  Moderators: J. Burrell, mtm1974, marylandadv, tkolstrom