Register     Login 

The Maryland Wrestling Forum

Maryland Wrestling's Facebook Page SITENAME} on Twitter Maryland Wrestling's Association Site Follow Us on MSWA Blog/News
Last visit was: It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:41 am

Sponsors

Search

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Message from Billy B...Chief Editor/Columnist
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:29 pm 
Site Admin

As many of you know, I do the rankings and special feature stories for the MSWA website. Last year I did some writing for Varsity Sports Network but unfortunately, my VSN paid position didn’t last long as they chose to make a change with their coverage.

The MSWA is a non-profit, all volunteer organization and there is no pay involved for any of the hard working, dedicated volunteers. This doesn’t bother me in the least as the MSWA’s financial contributions to MD National teams has increased enormously in recent years. I support the MSWA and the wrestlers for the love of the sport, to help promote it, as well as give due recognition to the wrestlers who put in the hard work.

We have considered selling advertisements to raise funds to help compensate for time, gas, etc. That effort was going to require more time than I had available to make work so we put that aside.

After much deliberation we decided to set up a Pay Pal account and take voluntary donations as a show of appreciation and support for my efforts. I feel a little odd asking the wrestling community to donate money towards a job that is voluntary. If I was just doing the rankings as in years past, I wouldn’t have looked into ways to generate money. Since I’m doing a lot more travel and writing feature stories as well, it would be nice to offset my expenses a bit.

I can’t stress enough that it is not necessary to donate at all. Some have asked how they can help me continue my efforts. We did this so anyone who would like to chip in and help out would have a way to do so.

The Paypal email address to send donations is artherius17@gmail.com . When donating, be sure to select the paying for goods or services option.
Thanks,
Billy Buckheit

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Message from Billy B...Chief Editor/Columnist
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:34 pm 

@ Billy - clicking goods and services will cost YOU 3% paypal fee.
clicking "gift" cost you 0%. Just trying support your efforts moreso.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:49 pm 

KIHS Wrestling wrote:
@ Billy - clicking goods and services will cost YOU 3% paypal fee.
clicking "gift" cost you 0%. Just trying support your efforts moreso.

Thanks. I looked at that when setting it up. If you do it that way then it charges the person donating the additional %. I figured I'd eat that and have people do goods and services to avoid any extra cost for them.

Offline Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:06 pm 

I put my money where my mouth is and sent money twice this year to support these efforts expended for the wrestling community.

Anyone else?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:51 pm 

I did a hand-to-hand transfer of the cabbage

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]  Moderators: W. Hicks, JL, marylandadv, mtm1974, bulger, BillyB